In order to manage the risks associated with cancer and its many forms, we offer a variety of cancer insurance policies. These supplemental health insurance plans are designed to fill in any gaps left by conventional insurance policies, but may not provide coverage for the full range of health issues related to the disease.
Eligibility is a major issue for applicants; usually, those with a pre-existing cancer diagnosis are not eligible for this type of coverage. (The factors that determine eligibility vary from insurer to insurer.)
Benefits range widely by the insurance company providing the coverage. These benefits can include:
- financial support for healthy living programs, such as:
- dietary changes
- gym memberships
- tobacco cessation
- access to wellness tests meant for early disease detection and other overall health aspects, including (but not limited to):
- Pap smear tests
- medical expenses, such as costs associated with cancer treatment
- non-medical costs, such as financial assistance for transportation, food, home and child care, and other expenses
Why Agents Offer Cancer Insurance
Just as cancer insurance policies aren’t the best fit for every client, they aren’t always the best fit for Agents. Consider these questions:
- Are these plans beneficial for the people in your community and the areas you serve?
- Do you offer similar/competitive products?
There are many compelling reasons to offer cancer insurance policies, such as:
- You can help families with some of the most difficult decisions of their life
- You can provide your clients with peace of mind, as they will know they have a health plan behind them
- You’ll be serving the needs of your clients and community
- You can offer a profitable product that will help your bottom line
How to Get Started with Cancer Insurance
If you decide to offer cancer insurance policies, we recommend talking to someone from the Medicare Advisors team of experts. They’ll provide answers to your questions, and have tools available to support your new product offering.
Ready to get started
Get in touch, or register for access today