Single Premium Immediate Annuities
A single premium immediate annuity (SPIA) can be a more predictable option for retirement planning because of its consistent structure. After a lump sum premium is paid up front, this annuity pays out a set amount on a regular basis (such as monthly) for the rest of the client’s life and/or a set period of time.
In contrast, fixed SPIAs can help make retirement planning easier. They also allow for a higher withdrawal rate than that of other portfolio options (such as stocks, bonds and mutual funds) over the course of a potentially long retirement.
Another important benefit is the “immediate” start of income payments after it’s set up; usually the first payment is disbursed about a month after an application has been submitted.
Why Agents Offer Single Premium Immediate Annuities
Just as Single Premium Immediate Annuities aren’t the best fit for every client, they aren’t always the best fit for Agents. Consider these questions:
- Are these plans beneficial for the people in your community and the areas you serve?
- Do you offer similar/competitive products?
There are many compelling reasons to offer Single Premium Immediate Annuities, such as:
- You can help families with some of the most difficult decisions of their life
- You can provide your clients with peace of mind, as they will know they have a health plan behind them
- You’ll be serving the needs of your clients and community
- You can offer a profitable product that will help your bottom line
How to Get Started with Single Premium Immediate Annuities
If you decide to offer Single Premium Immediate Annuities, we recommend talking to someone from the Medicare Advisors team of experts. They’ll provide answers to your questions, and have tools available to support your new product offering.
Ready to get started
Get in touch, or register for access today